We have reached the mid-point of the June school holidays. Wow that was fast, wasn’t it? For some, it is just the start of their vacation, having spent the first two weeks in school or attending enrichment classes. For others, overseas holidays or fun-filled staycations are done and dusted and it’s time to get back to school work and revision especially the Primary 6 students.
Whichever the case, we are sure students will still have some time to relax and enjoy themselves because you know what they say about all work and no play right? Yup, it makes for very dull children :).
We have sourced for some activities happening right here in sunny Singapore that will help students tread the middle ground of having fun while learning.
If you are fascinated by plants, flowers and trees, you might want to join in these activities:
- the Learning Forest Tour that happens every Saturday morning at the Botanic Gardens
- Eco-life at Bishan-Ang Mo Kio Park, which promises interactive activities that the whole family can enjoy together happening on the next 3 Saturdays in June
- Have green fingers? Then you should probably head on down to Hort Park on June 17th to enjoy a whole range of gardening activities
If insects and animals are more your thing then maybe you should
- Join the experts from the Jane Goodall Institute Singapore to find out more about our furry friends in A Walk With Your Neighbours – The Macaques of MacRitchie
- Register for “Celebrating Wildlife” Series : Bugs and Slugs (A Biodiversity Investigative Workshop) on the 13th of June at Botanic Gardens Botany Centre
- Face your worst fears at the Singapore Zoo and River Safari as you encounter reptiles of all kinds at Reptopia happening until the end of June.
If you find the weather waaay too humid to remain outdoors for long, read on as we suggest how you can have fun away from the sun!
- Head on down to the Science Centre to the Dino Robot Factory to get hands on experience of building a robot dinosaur.
- Can’t get enough of dinosaurs? Then “RAWR! Dinosaurs Unearthed!” at Plaza Singapura Main Atrium is a must. But better hurry because they will only be there until the 11th of June!
- For those who are fascinated by shadows, you can have fun with Shadow Puppetry at the Esplanade from 20th June onwards
Still hungry for more Science adventure?
Then check out these two camps happening soon
- Nature Keeper Camp on June 14th at Bukit Timah Nature Reserve
- Young Naturalist Camp on June 10th at Sungei Buloh Wetland Reserve
So much to do and yet so little time. Do some research and decide on which activities interest you. Go on have an adventure, enjoy yourselves while learning Science!